Friday, September 14, 2007

To the future!

I'd like to celebrate the first week of this blog by sharing my writing and WoW related goals. I want Enhancement by Night to be a journey that we undertake together, dear reader. To torture an old saying: "the journey may be more important than the destination, but wandering around aimlessly makes for pretty poor reading." Indeed, can it even be a journey at all if there wasn't some final goal to travel towards? To give you an idea of what to expect on this (hopefully) long and strange trip, here are my resolutions.

In WoW I want to transition from a primary healer to a primary damage-dealer at least part of the time. There are three obstacles to overcome on my way to this goal. The first is a lack of hit rating on my current enhancement gear. Right now I have 100 points of hit rating on my gear, and my target is to have a minimum of 130. The second is to replace my current dual wielding weapons (a pair of fast daggers) with a set of much slower axes or maces. (Look for a more indepth exploration of +hit and weapon speed mechanics next week!) The third obstacle is a lack of real-world enhancement experience. I need to develop that skillset before I would feel comfortable asking to be counted as a damage dealer.

My goal for the blog is to bring regular content to this page. If I don't have regular updates, then I don't deserve regular readers. Simple as that. I'm aiming for 3 substantial posts each week, and at least a short post every weekday. I'm hoping to cover all aspects of the shaman class at least in passing, though the emphasis will likely be on the Enhancement spec.

I'm excited to have finished one week in the WoW blogging business, and I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be many more.

No comments: